Spend two days in Normandy and Brittany to discover the Landing Beaches, the city of pirates Saint Malo and the Mont Saint Michel Abbey.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
Go across Normandy and learn about its history, architecture and local culinary specialties. Visit Rouen, Honfleur, the Landing Beaches, Saint-Malo and Mont Saint-Michel in this two-day tour of the region.
We take the Normandy motorway and make our first stop at Rouen for a walking tour in the old town best known for its Gothic structures, churches, museums and many surviving half-timbered buildings as well as for being the site where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
Picturesque Honfleur with it old beautiful houses with slate-covered frontages is the tour's next stop where we'll have some free time for lunch (not included). On the way between Rouen and Honfleur, there is a view of the newly built Normandy bridge.
We continue to the beaches of Normandy where we pass by the Landing Beaches of Omaha, pay a visit to the American cemetery of Saint-Laurent and stop at Arromanches.
Dinner and overnight accommodation is at the nearby Novotel Caen (or similar).
- Salad "Côté jardin"
- Roasted veal with apple/calvados sauce, green beans and sauted potatoes.
- Apricot tart
- Drinks are not included
On Friday, we set off from Caen at 07:30 in the direction of Saint-Malo located in the heart of the Brittany region. Saint-Malo, notorious for being the former home of the corsairs, French privateers and pirates, is the most visited place in Brittany. The tour features a guided visit of the town including a walk along the ramparts and the cathedral.
After some free time for lunch (not included), we depart for Mont-Saint-Michel where we continue our afternoon with a guided visit of the abbey and have some free time for strolling and shopping.
We head back to Paris around 21:00.
- Walking tour of Rouen
- Free time for lunch (not included) at Honfleur
- Landing Beaches of Normandy
- Dinner and overnight stay at Novotel Caen
- Guided visit of Saint-Malo
- Free time for lunch (not included)
- Visit to Mont Saint-Michel
- Return to Paris
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach.
- Entrance tickets for the various monument and museum visits.
- Accommodation in 3* hotel (double room accommodation with bathroom)
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure.
- Buffet breakfast and evening meals.
- Services of our licensed multilingual guide.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- There are free times to enjoy buying souvenirs as there is a full range of shops around the different visited places and to try maybe the different local culinary specialties.
- Clients with walking difficulties will not be able to reach the Mont Saint-Michel Abbey because of the steps going up to the abbey.
- Comfortable clothes and good shoes are recommended.
- Every customer will be offered a booklet about the battle of Normandy.
- This tour is not available on any special events.
- Menus are indicative and may be subject to change without notice.
- Single room option can be booked online and is mandatory for one person traveling alone.