Combine the unique charms of Mont Saint Michel with the fairy tale experience of the castles of Loire Valley for a holiday you'll always remember.
Visit not one but two UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Mont Saint-Michel Abbey and the Chateau-dotted Loire Valley.
Mont Saint-Michel is a rocky island located in the biggest bay in Europe, aptly named "The Marvel of the Western World," and still one of the most famous pilgrimage centers since the Middle Ages.
Meanwhile, the Loire Valley, known as the Garden of France and the Cradle of the French Language, is also noteworthy for the quality of its architectural heritage. Its historic towns include more that 300 chateaus in its area, among the most famous of which are Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Villandry and Chenonceau.
The tour drives through the green landscapes of the Normandy region to reach the island of Mont Saint Michel on the first day. Lunch will be at Relais St Michel, a modern restaurant with refined decor and an excellent view of the Mont-Saint-Michel monument. Afterward, the tour takes a guided visit to the abbey and some free time later for a walk in the village. We have dinner and spend the night at Mercure-Lac de Maine hotel (or similar) in Angers.
On Sunday, we depart from the hotel with short stop at the Château d'Angers, before moving on to Amboise passing by Cunault and Saumur. A guided visit of the Château of Langeais is followed soon after by some free time for lunch in Amboise. We continue with a guided visit of the Château de Chenonceau. In the afternoon, we then pass by Cheverny for an outside glimpse of the castle.
Our visit to the Loire Valley ends with a guided visit of the Château de Chambord, considered the largest and most imposing Royal residence and surrounded by an immense park.
We leave Chambord for Paris around 21:00.
- Travel to Mont Saint-Michel
- Lunch at Relais St Michel
- Guided visit to the abbey
- Free time at Mont Saint-Michel
- Dinner, accommodation and buffet breakfast at Hotel Mercure Lac De Maine
- Pass by Château d'Angers, Cunault and Saumur
- Guided visit of the Château of Langeais
- Free time for lunch (not included)
- Guided visit of the Château de Chenonceau
- Pass by Cheverny
- Return to Paris
Relais Saint Michel Lunch Menu
- Poultry Scaloppe or Salmon
- Rice with mushrooms
- "Blanc manger" with fruits
- Water and cider (1 bottle for 6 persons)
- Coffee or Tea
Hotel Mercure Lac De Maine Dinner Menu
- Leek tart
- Tarragon flavoured poultry served with two vegetables
- Whipped egg white with vanilla custard
- Drinks are not included
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach.
- Entrance tickets for the various monument and museum visits.
- Accommodation in 3* hotel (double room occupancy with private bathroom).
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure.
- Lunch and evening meal on day 1 and buffet breakfast on day 2.
- Services of our licensed multilingual guide.
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- In October, the visit to Chambord is replaced by the one to Cheverny.
- Comfortable clothes and good shoes recommended.
- This tour is not available on any special events.
- Single room option can be booked online and is mandatory for one person traveling alone. Triple rooms are not available.
- Menus are indicative and are subject to change.