Every evening at dusk the Little Penguins come home from the sea at Phillip Island. Witness the natural phenomenon of the Penguin Parade. See Penguin rookeries and look for Koalas in their natural habitat.
So completely Australian - unique in the world. Every evening at dusk the Little Penguins come home from the sea at Phillip Island. From the waves - across the beach - to the sand dunes - the Little Penguins can almost be touched as they waddle to their burrows. Sunset at Summerland Beach has drawn millions of visitors to Phillip Island. It is the nightly ritual of these little flightless birds which will enthrall you as you observe from the beach and the elevated boardwalk. Koalas - totally Australian - peering down from the gum trees where they live. Fat and furry, wet noses and a gentle smile of contented living on Phillip Island. Seals near the sea, basking in the late sunlight on halftide rocks compliment this island, rich in wildlife which makes Phillip Island a very special place.
- Western Port - water birds and mangroves
- Panoramic views of French Island
- Enjoy a short introductory video "The Little Penguin"
- San Remo - maritime fishing village
- Look for birdlife at the island wetlands (seasonal)
- Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
- Opportunity to meet wallabies/kangaroos
- Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters and Little Penguins
- Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from tree top boardwalks
- A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season and at own expense)
- The Nobbies - a rugged rocky outcrop
- Seal Rocks - home to Australia's largest colony of fur seals
- Witness the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach
- See penguin rookeries from an elevated boardwalk
- Inspect the Visitors Centre - an opportunity to learn about the life of the Little Penguin
- During your evening return to Melbourne a panoramic Victorian video feature will be screened.
This tour now gives you access to the Penguins Plus Premium Viewing Area at no extra cost.
- Hotel pick-up (View Hotel Pick-up list
- Entrance to Penguin Parade
- Time to meet wallabies/kangaroos
- On-coach videos
- Koala Conservation Center
- Upgrade to the Penguins Plus Premium Viewing Area
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as nights can be cold on the island in any season. The Penguin Parade is a natural phenomenon taking place in the open outdoors.
- Children below 4 years are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat.