Travel into the romantic Bavarian Alps then step back in time with a visit to the old Salt Mines.
Something very different awaits you when you visit the Salt Mines. Past the hunting castle Hellbrunn, we cross the Austrian-Bavarian border. Along the Königseeache valley, through the Bavarian mountains and past romantic farmhouses and the ruins of Obersalzberg, Hitler's former mountain retreat, we arrive at the highlight of the journey - the 450-year-old Salt mines.
Wearing the traditional miners' clothing, we will enter the mines and hear the historical as well as the legendary tales of the fascinating underground world. Using the same slides as hundreds of miners before you, you go down a 100-foot-long slide into the grottoes, the magical world beneath the surface of the earth. With a raft ride on the salt lake and a miniature train ride, we end our romantic and educational adventure.
Afterward, you have the chance to regain your strength with some Bavarian specialties during a stop in Berchtesgaden.
- View of Hitler's Eagle's Nest
- Magnificent views across the snow-capped peaks of the Bavarian mountains
- Dress up in miners' clothes
- Ride on original mining wagons
- 100-foot-slide to the grottoes
- Film showing the origin of the salt deposits
- Boat ride on the salt lake
- Stop in Berchtesgaden
- English-speaking guide
- Pick-up from selected hotels in Salzburg (View Pick-up List
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fees
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- All tour programs, routes and durations of sightseeing tours are subject to change without notice.
- There will be a surcharge for extra time exceeding the original program such as alteration of a tour when ordered by the client and delays created by the client (waiting time).