Explore Takayama, Japan's Shangri-La, at your own pace for two days. Take the limited express train from Nagoya and visit "Little Kyoto."
Japan is not all big cities and temples. There are many interesting places in central Japan to explore. Takayama, referred to as Little Kyoto, has worked very hard to maintain its history and culture through the preservation of its old structures. It offers a relaxing environment in which to walk around. The thatched roof local village of Shirakawa-go has earned its place as a World Heritage site.
One day before
Your train tickets and hotel voucher will be delivered to you.
Day 1. Nagoya - Takayama
Transfer to Nagoya Station on your own and board a Limited Express for Takayama between 08:40 - 09:50. Arrive at Takayama between 10:50 - 12:20. After arrival, free at leisure.
Day 2. Takayama - Nagoya
Free at leisure until departure. Transfer to Takayama station on your own and board a limited express leaving between 16:40 - 17:50 and arrive at Nagoya between 19:00 - 20:10.
- Hotel Associa Takayama Resort or Takayama Green Hotel
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Train tickets
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- These tours are offered for travelers from overseas only.
- Tour includes no assistant or guide service, you need to make a own transfer between hotel and Train Station and or elsewhere you want to visit.
- Tickets are delivered to your hotel or staying place by 1 day before departure.
- Requests for train reservation (such as departure / arrival time, seat number) is not entertained.
- Baggage carriage not included. Please carry your baggage on your own.