Ride as high as you can in Thailand when taking on this challenging cycle of 20 km and some 2000 m of ascent up to the top of the country's tallest mountain – Doi Inthanon. Then comes the reward of the longest and smoothest descent in Thailand!
Ride as high as you can in Thailand when taking on this challenging cycle of 20 kilometers and some 2000 meters of ascent up to the top of the country's tallest mountain – Doi Inthanon. Then comes the reward of the longest and smoothest descent in Thailand!
Designated in 1954 as one of the original 14 national parks of Thailand, Doi Inthanon spreads from the lowlands at 800 m altitude up to the peak at 2565 m, thus covering many climatic and ecological zones for you to pass through on your way up.
With fresh air and flora unique to this region of Thailand we start our climb up from the mid-point. We stop on the way at a local market to pick up some snacks such as black berries and dried fruits grown only on the slopes of Doi Inthanon. We gain altitude fast and stop again to rest at a scenic view point like no other. Then we tackle the steepest part of the mountain and climb into the clouds to visit the most beautiful chedis and gardens dedicated to the the King and Queen of Thailand. Our last 5 kilometers are an easy incline along a ridge until we reach the roof of Thailand and the summit of Inthanon.
Time for a victory photo or two, a nice coffee in the cool air and then we enjoy a well deserved roll back down the mountain to lunch at a beautiful waterfall.
After lunch we continue downhill at a relaxed pace to the base of the mountain. We then pack up and return to Chiang Mai with memories and an achievement of a select few adventurous souls.
We ride approximately 20 kilometers on the way up and can roll down 40 kilometers on good quality tarmac roads. There will be plenty of opportunities for taking photos and just taking in the wonderful scenery. A support vehicle follows if you tire and need a lift to the top.
- Pick-up/drop-off at Chiang Mai hotels
- Mountain or Road Bike* and helmet hire
- Entrance fee to national park
- All water and snacks whilst riding
- Local English speaking guides
- Accident Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any services not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Participants must be at least 18 years old to join the regular/scheduled tours.
- Guests younger than 18 may join private tours where children under the age 5 will be free of charge.
- Children joining the tours should be competent cyclist as there might be some narrow pathways.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- *You can choose to use a mountain or a road bike for this tour, please let us know at the time of booking your preference.
- The following information for each participant will be required upon booking:
• Full name
• Height (in cm) to select correct bike size