Our newest and most challenging route! The Advanced Tour is for people who have ridden a Segway before, and wish to see a little more, and test the machine a little further. What better testing grounds than the hills of San Francisco!
Our newest and most challenging route! The Advanced Tour is for people who have ridden a Segway before, and wish to see a little more, and test the machine a little further. What better testing grounds than the hills of San Francisco! Tour includes scooting up Russian Hill, riding down the worlds crookedest street, seeing the sights in North Beach Little Italy and a glide along the waterfront.
What's more, you will ride the NEW i2 Segway Fleet! Come experience the new Segway i2 with Lean Steer Technology.
Your narrated "San Francisco Hills and Crooked Street Advanced Rider Segway Tour" will feature spectacular views of San Francisco Bay.
Cruise through Aquatic Park and to the end of Municipal Pier
- See the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, great views of Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge and unbelievable bay vistas.
Climb the slopes of Russian Hill
- The affluent residential neighborhood's name goes back to the Gold Rush-era when settlers discovered a small Russian cemetery at the top of the hill.
Peek down Hidden Stairways and Paths
- See some of San Francisco's 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian-only lanes. Enjoy Sweeping Russian Hill views of Alcatraz, Coit Tower, Bay Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
Climb past the Cable Cars to the peak of Lombard Street
- Ride down the world's most famous "crookedest street" Cruise towards North Beach on the slopes of Telegraph Hill
- North Beach is the city's most European neighborhood, with a primarily Italian flavor. Recently honored as one of the 10 great neighborhoods in the country!
- Stop and see St. Peter and Paul's Church and Washington Square Park the center of "Little Italy"
Return to the waterfront near Pier 39
- The Pier is the home of the sea lions, and one of the top tourist attractions in the nation.
Glide past the Historic Wharf Fishing Fleet
- See and smell the ocean going fleet as we scoot back to the starting point.
Every tour makes numerous stops for photos.
Refresher Course Training Session
Tour includes at least 20-25 minutes of detailed guest training / refresher course so you can learn / re-learn the skills needed. A Segway is not an ideal mode of touring for people with some mobility issues. The training time is part of the overall tour time. Helmets and safety vests are provided and required. Training includes:
Hands-on training with an instructor, i2 training video, test ride and skills review, rider courtesy instruction and review of the rules of the road.
- Segway ride tour
- 20-25 minutes Segway training
- Free bike use for the rest of the day after the bike tour
- Meals and drinks
- Admission fees
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- After the bike tour concludes, you can continue using the bikes for the remainder of the day at no charge.
- Training/refresher rider course for the advanced tour is 20-25 minutes. Total time with training is 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Guests on this advanced tour must have previously taken at least a full hour Segway Tour in the last 12 months.
- Guest have to be 12 years old and above to take this tour.
- Guests must weigh a minimum of 100 pounds and not over 250 pounds. (45 to 113 kilos)
- This tour is more strenuous than our other San Francisco Tours.
- Do not book this tour if you don't want to ride up and down hills or tire easily. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Weight and age restrictions will be strictly enforced. No pregnant guests. No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- All guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail.
- This tour subject to a minimum of 4 guests. Groups will be combined.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- No refunds for guests that ignore the rider requirements.
- Our tour guides will be taking action shot pictures while on the tour. These pictures will be posted on Facebook for linking and download.