Experience the colors, flavors, rich history, art and captivating landscape of Tuscany on this fantastic one day tour from Florence. Visit charming Siena, enjoy a typically hearty Tuscan lunch at an organic farm and winery where you can sample their Chianti wine, visit the picturesque town of San Gimignano and admire the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa. With only a day to spare, see the best Tuscany has to offer on this full-day guided coach trip from Florence.
From Florence, head for the hills on a scenic countryside drive to Siena, while your knowledgeable and friendly guide fills you in on the day's program and hands out maps of the towns you will visit.
The beautiful medieval town of Siena is your first stop for the day. View Siena through the eyes of a local as you join a guided walking tour through the gothic streets
tracing the history of this stunning city, from the world's oldest bank to Piazza del Campo, one of Europe's greatest medieval squares where they hold the famous 600 year old horserace, the Palio, to the Cathedral. Richly decorated inside and out, it is a treasury of 13th and 14th century Gothic art with an unexpected masterpiece, the marble floor. After the tour enjoy free time wandering Siena at your own pace, perhaps with a drink in an open air cafe or a bit of window shopping.
Next, enjoy the journey to an organic farm and wine estate where you'll be taken on a visit through vineyards, olive groves and even to see the wine cellar and farm animals before indulging in a traditional Tuscan lunch amongst the hills where Chianti wine is produced. Surrounded by gorgeous views, you'll have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers while feasting on fresh organic farm food including homemade pasta, charcuterie (cured meats), local cheeses and a garden salad. A generous wine-tasting will be held during lunch. Traditional Tuscan biscotti and vin santo (dessert wine) finishes off the meal.
After lunch you will visit the picturesque village of San Gimignano where you can roam the maze of cobblestone streets and small squares, try an award-winning gelato and walk among the town's famous medieval towers. After a beautiful drive through the countryside, the final stop is Pisa, where you can take an up-close inspection of the legendary Leaning Tower, visit the Cathedral and the Baptistery before heading back to Florence where your full-day tour concludes. We arrive at 8:30 pm after a day of unforgettable memories - The Best of Tuscany!
- Tour leader for the day
- Detailed maps of each town visited and information
- All transport on modern, air conditioned coaches
- Hearty lunch with wine at an organic farm/winery
- Free time to explore each town on your own
- Guided tour of Siena
- Entrance fees to the cathedral of Siena
- Farm & winery visit with a wine tasting of four local wines
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour is only in English
- Vegetarians, gluten-free and other dietary requirements can be arranged.
- Children under 9 are free of charge.
- Guests are requested to arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- In winter (November – March) the tour returns to Florence one hour earlier at 19:30
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair