Enjoy an in-depth tour of the highlights of Florence featuring Brunelleschi's Duomo, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Gates of Paradise, the Piazza Signoria, the Ponte Vecchio, medieval Florence and the times of the Renaissance.
This is the ideal tour for an introduction to the city of Florence. As we walk through the streets and piazzas of Florence, we will discuss the ideas of the Renaissance and the lives of many famous artists and important Florentine families, like the Medicis, who showered Florence with countless masterpieces.
We will explore many charming corners of the historical city center including the picturesque Ponte Vecchio, the oldest surviving bridge crossing the river Arno; the medieval Piazza Signoria, the poet Dante's old neighborhood where we will see his house and the small chapel where he first saw his beloved Beatrice; the Piazza del Duomo, with its colored marble-clad cathedral and baptistery; the astonishing Giotto Bell Tower; and the Orsanmichele, once a grain market, the exterior of which is adorned with masterpieces of Renaissance sculptures.
The tour concludes at the Accademia Gallery, in Florence city center.
- Highly qualified English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
- Headsets (for groups of more than 8)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- Please be in comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%