Our Segway Tour is perfect for both those new to the city and Chicago veterans
Our Segway Tour is perfect for both those new to the city and Chicago veterans. For the beginners, this tour will offer you a fantastic orientation and give you an opportunity to see virtually all of the sites you know from movies, postcards and history. For the veterans, we're positive you'll learn new facts and stories about Chicago that you've never heard. And we're sure you'll both agree that Segway-ing is the best way to see the 'Windy City'!
The shorter tour will cover the same route as our expanded three-hour tours, but will focus more on the experience of riding Segways through our beautiful parks and less on the history and quirky facts about our hometown. Tour breaks will be shortened to accommodate the two-hour time limit, so guests looking for a more leisurely experience should strongly consider our three-hour tour options.
- The Field Museum
Founded to house the biological and anthropological collections assembled for the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893. Current home to Sue the famous T. rex and the Lions of Tsavo.
- Adler Planetarium
The first planetarium built in the Western hemisphere. Contains astronomical artifacts and instruments dating back to 12th century Persia. Provides one of the best panoramic views of Chicago's fabulous skyline!
- Grant Park
Grant park is 319 acres of beautifully manicured greenspace. Chicago's "front yard" includes Buckingham Fountain as it's centerpiece, Millennium Park which displays world renowned art and architecture and also Butler Field which hosts The Blues Fest, Jazz Fest and Lollapalooza annually.
- Millennium Park
Chicago's newest gem, featuring the Pritzker Pavillion, the cascading waters of the Crown Fountain towers, and the famous Cloud Gate sculpture affectionately known as "The Bean".
- Shedd Aquarium and Oceanarium
Opened to the public in December 1929, at the time it was the world's largest indoor aquarium. One of the first and currently its oldest resident: a Lungfish acquired in 1933.
- Soldier Field
Soldier Field is home to the Chicago Bears. Originally built in 1924 as a dedication to fallen war veterans, Soldier Field underwent a 600 Million dollar renovation in 2003 and is now a staple of Chicago's magnificent skyline.
- The Lakefront/Monroe Harbor
Cruise along the edge of Lake Michigan speckled with sailboats, with Navy Pier as its backdrop.
- Chicago's Skyscrapers
See the architectural wonders that comprise one of the most recognizable skylines in the world.
- Guided segway tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 8 guests
- You will need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Each tour begins with a 30-minute orientation session, so that all participants are comfortable maneuvering their Segway.
- All riders must have the ability to climb and descend stairs without assistance. - The Segway is not appropriate for anyone weighing under 100 pounds (45.5 kg) or over 250 pounds (113.6 kg). Pregnant women, unfortunately, are not allowed to ride.
- Any participant suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate on a Segway Tour. Participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a deposit on a credit card. This charge is immediately cancelled at the end of the tour. Beverages, raingear, and gratuity are not included.