Enjoy amazing views of Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and the mighty Grand Canyon! Fly over and land at historic Boulder City! Raft through 11 miles of some of the most beautiful parts of the Colorado River!
Enjoy rugged desert terrain, the crystal blue waters of Lake Mead, the mighty Hoover Dam from above and below and the spectacular Grand Canyon! The Expedition combines this thrilling helicopter tour with a rafting adventure through Black Canyon.
Highlights of this Grand Canyon Helicopter Expedition include:
The largest man-made lake and reservoir in the United States. It is located on the Colorado River, about 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas. Formed by water trapped behind Hoover Dam, it extends 110 miles behind the dam, holding approximately 28.5 million acre feet of water.
When completed in 1935, it was both the world's largest electric power producing facility and the world's largest concrete structure. The dam is named after Herbert Hoover, who played an instrumental role in its construction.
The Grand Canyon
A powerful and inspiring landscape, the Grand Canyon overwhelms our senses through its immense size; 277 river miles (446km) long, up to 18 miles (29km) wide, and a mile (1.6km) deep.
A historic town, originally built in 1932 by the Bureau of Reclamation. The city was built as housing for workers who were building the Hoover Dam.
At the base of Hoover Dam, climb aboard a large military-style raft holding approximately 25 people and explore 11 miles of the Colorado River through the Black Canyon with a naturalist guide ensuring you learn about the area while you are enjoying the sights and the sun.
When going down Black Canyon, watch for desert bighorn sheep, eagles, osprey and antelope, as well as other native wildlife. This historical float trip is fun and entertaining!
Throughout the canyon you will also see volcanic rock, which came forth 20-40 million years ago. Black Canyon gets its name from these rocks that are found throughout the area. Black Canyon is often referred to as "the most beautiful part of the Colorado River."
After your day of exploration and adventure return to Las Vegas via motor coach with several convenient drop-off locations.
- Taxes and fees
- Picnic lunch
- Pick-up and return from most Las Vegas hotels
- Fuel surcharge
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- An option to upgrade to a larger helicopter is available. The EC 130 is larger than the A-Star by 23%.
- Tour times may vary depending on aircraft and weather.
- Prices and tour itineraries are subject to change without notice.
- Tour runs on Wednesdays and Saturdays only during December and January.
- The following information for each participant will be required upon booking:
* Full name
* Weight in kilograms
- For safety reasons and aircraft balance, guests weighing over 275 pounds (124.74 kilograms) may be charged for 2 seats depending on total passenger weight per helicopter.