Go on a 3-day visit to Malaysia's National Park, "Taman Negara," in the Malaysian Peninsular.
Malaysia's National Park, known as 'Taman Negara' in the local language, is situated in the Malaysian Peninsular. The Park covers as area of 4343 square km (1677 sq miles) of natural, virgin jungle. The jungle comprises most of the Park and is 130 million years old, reputed to be one of the oldest in the world.
Day 1: Kuala Lumpur - Taman Negara
This three-day adventure begins in the morning from Kuala Lumpur where you travel by road for about 3 hours to the rural town of Jerantut via the scenic Genting Sempah Mountain Pass. At Jerantut, stop for lunch and take a short rest before proceeding to the River Bank at Kuala Tembiling. From here, travel by outboard motor canoes to Kuala Tahan where the park HQ is situated.
The 3-hour upriver journey is fascinating as the vegetation along the river banks gradually become dense as we approach the virgin rainforest, believe to be the oldest in the world, at approximately 130 million years old. Arrive at Kuala Tahan in the late afternoon. The evening is at leisure. You are recommended to watch a video presentation and participate in
the jungle night walk organised by the resort.
Accommodation: Taman Negara Resort
Meals included: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Taman Negara
This tour's itinerary will depend on the participating levels within the Park and the facilities available at that time. The activities may include a ride on a motorized canoe to Lata Berkoh for fishing, walking along Canopy Walk which stretches to a distance of 500 meters - one of the longest in the world, a jungle trek to Teresik Hill to view Mount Tahan - the highest mountain in West Malaysia at 2178 meters above sea level.
During the trek, your guide will give basic instructions on the fundamentals of jungle survival, jungle ecology, flora identification etc. Return trek on a different trail passing Lubok Simpon water hole for a swim and rest. At night, take the option to animal "vigil" at the tree house. However, actual sighting of animals is not guaranteed.
Accommodation: Taman Negara Resort
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Taman Negara - Kuala Lumpur
After breakfast, return to Kuala Tembeling by boat then by car to the next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
- Sightseeing stops as indicated in the itinerary
- Qualified English speaking guide
- Admission fees
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Single Traveler rates are available. Please inquire.
- Hotel pick-ups are for city center hotels only. For pick-ups outside the city center, additional fees will apply.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Other languages are available on request with additional charge.
- We strongly recommend taking anti-malaria tablets and wearing rubber shoes for this tour.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Please bring light comfortable clothing that can be easily washed, jungle boots, a hat, light raincoat, torch, tennis shoes, swimsuits and a sweater. Most items can be purchased at Kuala Lumpur.
- The following information per participant will be required upon booking:
* Full name as indicated on passport