Get an excellent idea of how local life was like during the 4 centuries that the Kings of Ayutthaya ruled. Visit the summer palace of the present modern day Chakri dynasty, Bang Pa-In, and cruise the Chao Phraya River while enjoying lunch.
Visit Ayutthaya. It lies about an hour's journey by coach to the north of the city and was the proud and powerful ancient capital of Siam until its destruction some 230 or so years ago. Much of the fabulous ornate city was lost at that time but what remains will still give you an excellent idea of life during the 4 centuries that the Kings of Ayutthaya ruled.
We will also visit the nearby summer palace of the present modern day Chakri dynasty, Bang Pa-In. After the sightseeing tour, join our cruise boat at Wat Chong-Lom Pier for a boat ride down the Chao Phraya River to the River City Pier taking in all of the splendid scenery and typical Thai water-borne life on the way.
- Sightseeing tour
- International buffet lunch on board
- Pick up from Bangkok city center hotels
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- No T-shirts
- No shorts
- No sandals
- The travel schedule is subject to change.
- Proper attire is required when visiting revered sites. No sandals, no shorts, no sleeveless tops. Shirts must cover the shoulders and skirt length must be below the knees.
- Departure times are estimates only and may be an hour earlier or later. Our local tour operator will contact you regarding actual pick-up time depending on your hotel.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.