Take short train ride from Kyoto and bathe yourself in the rural atmosphere of Saga-Arashiyama. This tour is especially good during cherry blossom season and in the autumn.
Bathe yourself in the rural atmosphere of Saga-Arashiyama, a short train ride from Kyoto. With Mt. Arashiyama as the backdrop, take a morning walk through the Sagano Bamboo Grove, visiting Zen temples along the way. One of them, Tenryuji, is considered Kyoto's best Zen temple. Marvel at Togetsu Bridge, Saga-Arashiyama's landmark, and visit the many shops and cafes in the area. This tour is especially good during cherry blossom season and in the autumn.
Assemble at Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto (New Miyako Hotel for 2013
- Kyoto Station
Board a local train to Saga-Arashiyama Station.
- Sagano Bamboo Grove
Stroll through a natural bamboo grove.
- Jojakkoji Temple
See a fine example of Japanese tradition.
- Tenryuji Temple
Visit this World-Heritage recognized site.
- Togetsukyo Bridge
Each of the four seasons presents a different face at this scenic outlook.
- Saga-Arashiyama Station
Board a local train to Kyoto Station
- 12:30 - 13:30
Tour disbands at Kyoto Station.
- English-speaking guide
- Train tickets
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Kyoto hotels
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. You will be notified if the tour will be canceled 4 days prior to the tour date.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- This is a walking tour, please make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- The order of the tour itinerary is subject to change.